Laguna Hills Attorney Helps You Preserve Your Legacy Through Probate, Wills, Trusts, and Estate Planning
An experienced Orange County lawyer protecting you and your family with meticulous attention to your details and preparation of documents to carry out your wishes.
Estate Planning is NOT about planning for your own death, it's really about planning for the lives of the people you love the most in the event you are not able to be there for them. Estate Administration should NOT be difficult if you have planned carefully ahead of time - or, even if you haven't planned ahead, I can walk you through the process and make the experience easier for you.
If you're ready to have a positive experience working with a lawyer, you can contact me by phone at 949.859.0861 or by email to [email protected] I'll help you plan your estate to truly protect the people you love the most, so you can get on with living your life to the fullest, knowing your loved ones will be fine if something should happen to you. I'll help you administer the estate of a loved one so that you can come to terms with your loss and move on with your life.
- Years of experience — I have spent more than three decades providing probate, trust, and estate planning services to my neighbors in Laguna Hills, throughout Orange County, and in other areas of Southern California. I also serve more distant clients, in California and in other states, with California probate and estate matters. Clients often recommend me to their friends and family, which I greatly appreciate.
- Expertise and Quality Service — There is no "one-size-fits-all" estate plan. Every person's situation is unique, and although there may be similar documents prepared for many people who are engaged in the estate planning process, in a comprehensive estate plan the content and wording of the Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney and other documents in the estate must be drafted to apply to the indivual's unique circumstances. They must be appropriate, clear, precise, and they must accurately express your wishes. I have prepared thousands of estate plans, and I give careful attention to these details for every client.
- Accessibility — I want my clients to be comfortable with the legal process and to understand the documents that they sign. I don't like "legalese" any more than my clients do, and I take the time to explain complex matters in as simple a way as I can. My friendly and down-to-earth approach, as well as a healthy sense of humor, help to put my clients at ease. I treat my clients the way I would want to be treated - as friends, with respect, and with compassion. I know that this approach makes the legal process less intimidating and more collaborative — and ultimately more successful.
Areas of practice
At Genevieve Wall, A Law Corporation, I provide legal services in the following practice areas:
- Estate planning and administration — To provide you with sound estate planning and administration counsel, I take the time to understand your wishes and concerns so that I can tailor an estate plan that meets your needs. I also provide legal advice to estate executors on estate administration.
- Probate — The probate process can be both complex and time-consuming, and I have the knowledge, experience, and skill to simplify it as much as possible from intake to closing of the estate. I will "walk you through" the process. I will complete the many required court forms, I will ensure that documents are submitted to the court on time, I will advise you on the important administrative acts that you need to perform, and I will advise you on the administrative decisions that you need to make. Throughout the process our mutual goal is to close the probate estate as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Wills — A well-crafted and comprehensive Will is important no matter how large your estate is. It gives you the power to pass on your legacy to the people you choose and ensure that your loved ones are protected after you die. When I draft your will, I take the time to listen to and understand your wishes, so that your Will truly embodies your personal and financial goals. I also advise on — and draft —"living wills" so that your wishes are followed in the event you become incapacitated.
- Trusts — A properly prepared Trust can be an important part of any estate plan, and trusts are often used to provide protection and financial support for minors, for disabled beneficiaries, or for any other estate beneficiary for whom you wish to provide an income stream while protecting the principal from creditors and financial predators. A properly funded Trust is also a way of avoiding probate. I can prepare a number of types of trusts for my clients.
- Advance Health Care Directives and Powers of Attorney — Health care directives and powers of attorney authorize and empower others to act on your behalf if you become incapacitated. An Advance Health Care Directive states your wishes regarding your medical care, while Powers of Attorney can be limited or more far-reaching in designating someone to act on your behalf to make medical and financial decisions if you are unable to make them for yourself. Both are important parts of an estate plan - they ensure that your wishes are carried out by someone you trust, and they spare your family from making agonizing decisions that they may not be prepared to make.
- Trusts to Shield Newly Acquired Wealth from Financial Predators - Sometimes, when a person inherits or wins a large sum of money, it is surprising how many new and old friends that person has! Often heirs and lottery winners find that they have spent, or given away, most or all of their inheritance or winnings within just a few years of acquiring this new wealth. If you are interested in preserving your newly acquired wealth, and protecting yourself and your wealth from financial predators, you can establish a trust which can serve as a buffer between you, your assets, and those who would like to relieve you of the "burden" of enjoying them. Feel free to contact me to review the options available to you.
At Genevieve Wall, A Law Corporation, I am experienced in all aspects of Probate, Trusts, Wills, Estate Planning, and Estate Administration.
I serve clients from throughout Orange County, including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Buena Park, Capistrano Beach, Costa Mesa, Coto de Caza, Dana Point, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Orange, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Tustin, Westminister, Yorba Linda. I also serve clients from other California counties, and more distant clients with California Probate, Trusts, Wills and Estate matters . My office hours are flexible. I offer free parking, and my office is accessible by public transportation.
I offer a courtesy initial consultation to prospective clients who need to open a California Probate court proceeding, or who need to administer a Living Trust after the death of a Trustor, or who want to establish a Trust, a Will, or an estate plan.
To schedule a free initial consultation to discuss opening a California Probate court proceeding, or to discuss administering a Living Trust after the death of a Trustor, or to discuss setting up a Trust, a Will, or an estate plan, call me today at 949.859.0861 or contact me online. My office is located in the Laguna Hills Civic Center, City Hall building.